The maximums rise in most of the country and persistent rains are also expected in western Galicia.
The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for this Tuesday, December 22 persistent precipitation in western Galicia, as well as rising temperatures, except in the extreme northwest, Mediterranean area and in the Canary Islands, where they will remain with little change.
Cloudy or covered sky in the west of Galicia, with rains that could be locally persistent, and that could spread, in a weaker and more isolated way, to the rest of Galicia and to the northwest of the northern plateau.
Cloudy intervals will appear at the beginning of the day in the rest of both plateaus, Extremadura, upper Ebro, the Balearic Islands and at north of the Canary Islands of greater relief, with a tendency in all these areas to be slightly cloudy throughout the day.
Little cloudy or clear in the rest of the country. Probable morning fog in the interior of the peninsula, which could be persistent in the northwest of the northern plateau.
rising temperatures, except in the extreme northwest of the peninsula, the Mediterranean area and the Canary Islands, where they will remain with few changes. Frost in the Pyrenees.
Winds from the southwest in the peninsular northwest, Cantabrian, the coast of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands, being strong or with strong intervals on the Atlantic coast of Galicia. From the east in the Strait and in the Canary Islands, and loose variables in the rest.
Forecast by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: cloudy tending to cloudy intervals towards noon, increasing cloudiness again in the west at the end of the day. Weak rains, locally moderate, more likely in the western half, and more intense and persistent in the surroundings of Fisterra. Locally persistent morning fog in the southeast of Orense. Minimum temperatures without significant changes and maximum without changes or in slight decrease. Wind from the south and southwest, locally strong on the coast of La Coruña and in A Mariña lucense, with very strong gusts in capes and exposed areas, especially during the second half of the day.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy in the mountains and cloudy intervals, with a predominance of high clouds in the rest. Some weak and scattered rain is not ruled out in high areas of the extreme west. Minimum temperatures in slight increase in the eastern half and without significant changes in the western half, and maximum in slight decrease in the interior of the eastern half and without changes in the rest. South component wind, with strong intervals in high areas and with very strong gusts, especially at the end of the day.
– CANTABRIA: slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds, except in Liébana and Campoo, where cloudy skies with low clouds, mist and morning and evening fog banks will predominate. Minimum temperatures increasing in the southern half and with little change in the rest. Maximum temperatures with slight changes. Loose winds from the south and southwest, increasing in intensity starting at noon, with the probability of very strong gusts at the end of the day in mountainous areas of the interior.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: intervals of high clouds, except at the beginning and end of the day in Álava, where there will also be intervals of low clouds, morning and evening mist and fog, mainly in the Ebro valley. Minimum temperatures increasing in Vizcaya and Guipúzcoa and with few changes in Álava. Maximum temperatures increasing in Guipúzcoa, decreasing in the areas where the fog is more persistent and with few changes in the rest. South component winds, loose in the interior.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: abundant low cloudiness, with locally persistent mists and fogs in the northwest and on the plateau, tending to slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds. Increased cloudiness in the second half of the day in the northwest, with occasional light showers likely later in the day. Minimum temperatures rising in the north and in the eastern third, unchanged or slightly decreasing in the rest, and maximum temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing in the northwest and rising in the rest. Winds from the south and southwest, more intense in the northeast.
– NAVARRA: in the southern half and high areas of the northern half, intervals of low clouds with morning and evening mist and fog, which will be locally persistent in the Ribera del Ebro. In the rest, intervals of high clouds. Minimum temperatures with slight changes, predominating the increases in the Cantabrian slope. Maximum temperatures increasing in the northern half, decreasing in the areas where the fog is persistent and with slight changes in the rest. Loose winds from the south and southeast.
– LA RIOJA: slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds. Mist and fog or low clouds in the valley, which can be persistent. Temperatures unchanged or slightly rising and maximum falling in Ribera, and unchanged or rising in the rest. Loose winds, from the south and southwest in the Ibérica and from the east in the Ribera.
– ARAGÓN: slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds. Morning mists and fog banks, persistent in the Ebro depression. Rising temperatures in the Pyrenees and the Iberian Peninsula and slightly rising or unchanged in the rest. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. Loose variable wind, predominating the south in the southern half and the southeast in the northern half.
– CATALONIA: slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds. Morning mists and fog banks, locally persistent in the central depression. Rising temperatures. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. On the coast, light southwest wind increasing to moderate and in the rest, weak variable prevailing the west component.
– EXTREMADURA: slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds. Morning mists and fogs, especially in the valleys of the great rivers. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly rising, and maximum rising. East winds tending to the south and southeast, loose in general.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: cloudy in the morning with abundant low clouds associated with morning mists and fog banks, opening clear from midday. Intervals of high clouds in high elevations of the sierra. Temperatures slightly rising. Variable light wind or calm.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: cloudy skies with abundant low-type cloudiness in the Alcarria, the Tajo and Guadiana valleys and La Mancha and, in general, in low-lying areas, which will be associated with morning mists and fog banks. In the rest, little cloudy or some interval of high clouds. Rising temperatures, except for the maximum in areas where low cloud cover persists. Variable direction light wind.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: slightly cloudy with some intervals of high clouds, especially in the northern half. Mists and morning fog banks in the interior. Minimum temperatures on the rise and maximum temperatures on a slight rise or without changes. In the interior, a loose west wind and on the coast, a loose southerly component.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy or clear skies, except for some morning cloudy intervals in Campo de Cartagena. Minimum rising and maximum temperatures with few changes. Light variable winds.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: Predominance of slightly cloudy sky. Temperatures unchanged or slightly rising. Generally light southwest wind.
– ANDALUSIA: slightly cloudy or clear skies, with intervals of low clouds in the Strait area and high clouds in the rest. Rising temperatures. East component winds, loose inside. Levante in the Strait, occasionally strong.
-CANARY ISLANDS: in the eastern islands, slightly cloudy or clear with some morning interval. In the western ones, cloudy intervals during the morning, mainly to the north and east, with a tendency at noon to slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds. Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight decrease and maximum in slight rise. Generally loose easterly wind, with breezes on the coasts. In midlands and summits during the second half of the day it will be more intense and with a predominance of the south and southeast.
The weather in Spain for tomorrow, Wednesday, December 23:
A new Atlantic front, not very active, will penetrate the peninsula from the northwest, leaving very cloudy skies and rainfall in the northwestern third of the peninsula, which may be more intense and frequent on the western Galician coast. In a weaker and more dispersed way, they could also affect the Cantabrian area, the western Pyrenees and western areas of the northern plateau, Extremadura and Andalusia. In much of the east, south and center of the Peninsula, and in both archipelagos, slightly cloudy skies or with intervals of high clouds will prevail. Low clouds and morning fog are expected in the Ebro valley, southern plateau, and northwest of the northern plateau, and with less probability on the southeast coast.