Persistent rains are expected today in Galicia, Cantabrian and western Pyrenees.
The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) forecasts locally strong or persistent rainfall for today Friday in Galicia, Cantabrian and western Pyrenees areas, with intervals of strong wind in coastal and mountain areas of the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands.
In most of the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands, cloudy sky, with precipitation in much of the territory, abundant in Galicia, Cantabrian, upper Ebro, western Pyrenees, Navarre and northwest of the North Plateau, as well as in the Central and Iberian systems, and southeast mountain ranges.
Precipitation is expected in other mountain areas, such as in the Sierras of Cuenca and Jaén, and will be weaker and more scattered in the southern half; the rains will tend to disperse and will subside in almost all areas except in the extreme north, the Andalusian mountains, the Strait and the east of the Balearic Islands.
Intervals of low clouds with isolated occasional showers in the north of the most relief islands of the Canary Islands and little cloudy sky in the rest.
The Snow cover it will be located in the Pyrenees during the first half of the day between 2,200 and 2,600 meters in the central, and 1,200 to 1,800 in the eastern, with a trend in both areas between 1,800 and 2,200 meters; it will descend at the end between 1,400 and 1,600 meters.
Temperatures will rise across the board, notable minimums in the interior southeast quadrant and frosts in the Pyrenees.
The wind will blow from the west component in the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands, with strong intervals in large areas, especially on the coasts and highlands, strong in Alborán and the eastern Cantabrian coast, and trade winds in the Canary Islands; strong gusts throughout the territory and very strong in Galicia, Cantabrian, mountainous areas of the center and eastern third, lower Ebro, Estrecho and Alborán.
Forecast by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: covered with a cloudy tendency, with widespread rains and showers, occasionally strong and accompanied by storms and locally persistent, the rainfall will tend to subside during midday. Temperatures with slight changes, with minimums that will be reached at the end of the day. The wind will blow from the west component, with strong intervals on the coast and with very strong gusts in the extreme north and mountains of the east.
– ASTURIAS: covered with a tendency to cloud, with rains and showers, occasionally accompanied by storms, which will be locally strong and persistent in the western third during the first half of the day, with a tendency during the afternoon to subside the rainfall. The snow level at the end of the afternoon will be around 1,400 and 1,600 meters. The minimum temperatures, with slight changes, will be recorded at the end of the day and the maximum rising in the eastern half and with few changes in the rest. The wind will blow from the west component, with strong intervals on the coast and very strong gusts on the coast and high areas.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy or covered, temporarily with cloudy intervals, with occasional stormy rains and showers. Precipitations will be generalized at dawn and in the early hours of the morning when they will be punctually strong and will gradually decrease in intensity and frequency during the rest of the day until they stop at night. Rising temperatures, except for the minimum in the western half where they will remain with few changes. The wind will roll from the south and southwest at dawn with very strong gusts in high areas, turning at dawn to the west and northwest with strong intervals and very strong gusts, especially on the coast.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy or covered sky decreasing in the afternoon at cloudy intervals. Occasionally stormy rains and showers, generalized at dawn, more occasional and scattered during the second half of the day, except in the east of Guipúzcoa where they will be persistent and punctually strong. Rising temperatures. The wind will blow from the south component, turning and increasing from dawn to west and northwest with strong intervals; very strong gusts in the northern half, especially on the coast.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy sky with widespread rainfall, more frequent in the mountains, which will be persistent in the northwest, and the cloudiness and rainfall will decrease in the second half of the day from north to south. The snow level will be above 2,200 meters, dropping to 1,600 or 1,800 at the end of the day. Thaw in mountain areas. Rising temperatures, light in general. West winds, with strong intervals and very strong gusts.
– NAVARRA: cloudy sky with decrease during the afternoon at cloudy intervals, except in the northern third where it will remain cloudy. Rains and occasional stormy showers, widespread during the first half of the day, more occasional and scattered during the second, except in the northwest where they will be persistent and punctually strong. Rising temperatures. South and southwest wind increasing to west and northwest with very strong gusts during the second half of the day in the northwestern quadrant.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy or covered with widespread weak precipitation, with a tendency to cloudy intervals, since the precipitation is more scattered and occasional. Rising temperatures. The wind will blow from the west and northwest, with strong intervals and very strong gusts in the Ibérica.
– ARAGÓN: sky covered with precipitation, locally persistent in the Pyrenees and tending to disperse or remit in the rest from midday, decreasing cloudiness at cloudy intervals. The snow level will be around 1,400 meters, rising during central hours to 2,000 meters. Rising temperatures. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. The wind will roll from the west, light to moderate, with strong intervals and very strong gusts in the Ibérica.
– CATALONIA: sky covered with precipitation, locally persistent in the western Pyrenees that will subside in the rest after noon, decreasing cloudiness at cloudy intervals. The snow level will be around 1,400 meters, rising during central hours to 2,000 meters. Rising temperatures. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. West and southwest wind loose to moderate.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy sky with weak precipitation, frequent in the mountainous north, and more scattered in the rest. Minimum rising and maximum temperatures with slight changes. West wind, with strong or very strong gusts in the Central System and in Villuercas.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: cloudy or covered that will decrease at the end of the day at cloudy intervals. Occasional weak rains and scattered showers that will be locally persistent in the Central System. Rising temperatures, except in the Sierra, will be noticeable in the minimum and light in the maximum. The wind will blow from the west component with strong intervals and very strong gusts from the northwest in the Sierra.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: cloudy sky with light rains and scattered showers, which will be locally persistent in mountain areas of the eastern half and unlikely in the southeast of Albacete. Rising temperatures, generally notable in the minimum and light maximum in the western half. West component wind with strong intervals and very strong gusts in Albacete, east of Cuenca and high areas of Guadalajara.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy sky with precipitation in the early hours in the northern half, weaker, scattered and less likely in the rest, with a tendency to subside during the morning. Rising temperatures. Strong west wind with very strong gusts in the interior and moderate in the rest.
– MURCIA: cloudy sky in the northwest with occasional showers. Intervals of medium and high clouds in the rest. Rising temperatures, notable in the minimum. The wind will blow from the west component occasionally strong, with very strong gusts in the north of the region.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: covered sky with occasional showers, with a tendency in Mallorca and Pitiusas during the afternoon to predominate the slightly cloudy sky. Night temperatures unchanged or falling and daytime temperatures rising. The wind will blow from the west component with strong intervals during the central hours of the day and gusts around 60 kilometers per hour.
– ANDALUSIA: cloudy skies, with rainfall in the interior and the area of the Strait, more intense and frequent in the Betic mountains, where they will be locally persistent and unlikely in the lower Guadalquivir. Morning mists in the interior, with mists in the mountains. Rising temperatures, notable in the lows of the eastern third. West component wind, strong with very strong gusts in the mountains and coastline of the eastern third.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and the north of the islands with greater relief, cloudy skies will predominate with a low probability of weak, occasional and scattered rains, which will be more likely during the second half of the day. In the rest of the areas, little cloudy in general. Maximum temperatures in slight rise and minimum without changes. Northeast wind, more intense on the southeast and northwest slopes of the mountainous islands during the central hours. In the midlands and summits of the western islands it will turn to the east component.