The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) forecasts extensive fog for tomorrow on the northern plateau and in the Ebro valley.
The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for this Wednesday extensive fogs on the northern plateau and in the Ebro valley, with the possibility of being locally persistent, as well as strong winds in the Strait and on the coast of the Galician community. The day will leave cloudy intervals, with probable rains and isolated showers, in the surroundings of the south of the Balearic Islands and in the area of the Strait.
The approximation of an Atlantic front to the northwest peninsular will cause an increase in cloudiness and some weak precipitation will appear starting in the afternoon in the northwest of Galicia. Intervals of medium and high clouds will appear in other areas of the northwest of the Peninsula, with a predominance of slightly cloudy skies or with high clouds in the rest.
However, the stable situation will favor the formation of low clouds and fog in large areas of both plateaus, the Ebro valley and in depressions in Catalonia and Extremadura, which may be more extensive and persistent in the northern plateau and south of Huesca during the first half of the day. In the Canary Islands, cloudy intervals of medium and high type, more abundant in western islands.
The maximum temperatures will rise in the extreme north of the peninsula and they will remain with few changes or will drop in areas of persistent fog, as well as in points of the Balearic Islands and in the south of the Mediterranean area. Minimum in decline in general, although an increase is expected in the area of the Strait, Galicia and in Asturias.
South component wind in the extreme northwest of the country, which will shift to the southwest, with strong intervals on the Galician coast. Levante in Alborán, which will be strong or with strong intervals, in the Strait. East component in the Balearic Islands. In the Canary Islands, from the northeast and from the east.
Forecast by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: intervals of high clouds with an increase at noon to covered with light rains in the west of La Coruña and Rías Bajas that will spread dispersedly to the rest of the western half and to the extreme north. Minimum temperatures unchanged except for local rises in the interior. Maximum temperatures in slight decrease. The wind will blow from the south and southwest, with strong intervals on the north coast where very strong gusts are expected during the central hours of the day.
– ASTURIAS: intervals of high clouds, accompanied by low clouds in the mountain range in the early hours that will go with associated morning mists, increasing to cloudy in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures increasing in the south that will be light in the north and maximum temperatures that do not vary in the mountain range and will rise in the rest. The wind will blow from a weak south component, intensifying in the northwest at night.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy sky. Minimum temperatures unchanged and maximum rising in the northern half and unchanged in the rest. The wind will blow lightly from the south, although it will be temporarily variable on the coast in central hours.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: intervals of high clouds increasing to cloudy, and, at dawn, also intervals of low clouds with mist and fog banks in the interior. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum rising in the northern half and with slight changes in the rest. The wind will blow lightly from the south, more intense in the morning on the coast.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: slightly cloudy sky with intervals of high clouds, tending to cloudy intervals in the afternoon, with locally persistent mist and fog or low clouds on the plateau in the first half of the day and at night. Minimum temperatures in decrease and maximum in slight decrease in the northwest and in slight rise in the rest, but conditioned to the fog. Variable wind, tending to settle from the southwest, more intense in the northeast and loose in the rest.
– NAVARRA: intervals of high clouds in the morning increasing to medium and high clouds in the afternoon. In the Ribera del Ebro and part of the central area, low clouds, mist and fog. Temperatures with few changes except an increase in the maximum in the Cantabrian slope. The wind will blow variable loose tending to southeast.
– LA RIOJA: slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds, increasing cloudiness during the afternoon. Presence of mist and fog or low clouds in the first half of the day in the Ebro valley, without ruling them out at night. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum in slight decrease in the Ribera, and in slight increase in the rest. The wind will change variable with a tendency to settle from the southeast in the Valley and the southwest in the Sierra.
– ARAGÓN: the slightly cloudy sky will predominate with a tendency in the afternoon to intervals of high clouds. In the morning, intervals of low clouds, mist and fog in low areas; the fogs will be locally persistent in the Ribera del Ebro and south of Huesca. In the Pyrenees, cloudy intervals of diurnal evolution during the afternoon. Temperatures without significant changes. Loose variable wind with a predominance of the southern component in the afternoon.
– CATALONIA: clear sky with a tendency during the afternoon to intervals of high clouds. In the morning, intervals of low clouds, mist and fog in the interior; the fogs will be locally persistent in the south of Lleida. In the Pyrenees, cloudy intervals of diurnal evolution in the afternoon. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. The wind will blow variable light, with a tendency along the coast during the afternoon to a weak to moderate southwest.
– EXTREMADURA: slightly cloudy sky with intervals of high clouds, increasing the average cloudiness during the night. Mist and fog in the first half of the day, especially in the valleys of the Tagus and Guadiana, without ruling them out at night. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum in slight rise. The wind will turn from the east and southeast or variable, loose.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: predominance of high clouds with an increase at the end of the day to cover, with medium and high clouds. Slightly falling temperatures. The wind will blow variable loose with predominance of the east and northeast during the first half of the day.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: in the southeast, in La Mancha and in the Tajo and Guadiana valleys, a cloudy sky with low clouds with mists and morning fog banks that will disappear during the morning, with a predominance of high clouds. In the rest, covered with high clouds increasing the average cloudiness from the northwest at night. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease, except in the south of Cuenca where there will be a slight increase and maximum temperatures with few changes in the east; slightly increasing in the west. The wind will blow variable loose with a predominance of the south component in the central hours and the east component the rest of the day.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy intervals. Mists and morning fog banks in the interior. Weak and scattered precipitation on the south coast. Temperatures without significant changes. Variable loose wind, tending to the south and southeast during the afternoon.
– MURCIA: cloudy sky intervals. Morning mists and mists inside. Falling temperatures inside and unchanged in the rest. Loose variable wind in the interior and east component on the coast.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: the slightly cloudy sky will predominate with a low probability of an occasional and isolated shower. Temperatures with little change. The wind will blow light.
– ANDALUCIA: slightly cloudy sky with intervals of high clouds. Cloudy skies are expected on the Mediterranean slope, with weak and occasional rainfall on the western coast and the Strait area, more likely during the morning. Eastern interior morning mists and fogs. Minimum rising temperatures in Cádiz and, locally, in Cádiz and Seville; in decline in the eastern interior and maximum with slight changes. The wind will blow from the east component, loose in the eastern interior. Levante strong in the Strait, with occasionally very strong streaks.
– CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy intervals of medium and high clouds that will spread from west to east of the archipelago. Temperatures in slight rise, more marked in interior areas. The wind will blow lightly from the east in the western islands and from the northeast in the eastern ones. Coastal breezes.