The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) predicts that instability will continue tomorrow with heavy rains in Catalonia and the Balearic Islands.
The instability continues and Catalonia It continues this Saturday on an orange alert (significant risk) due to rains, storms and coastal phenomena, while a yellow alert is expected in the Balearic Islands due to rains and storms, and a drop in night temperatures in much of the Peninsula.
The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) also warns of yellow alert in Melilla by coastal phenomena with strong winds and in Extremadura by fog.
The sky will be cloudy or overcast in the northern half of the Mediterranean area and the Balearic Islands, with rainfall that could be accompanied by a storm and be locally strong or persistent. They are also likely at first, but weaker, in other areas of the eastern peninsular third.
A gradual increase in cloudiness is expected in the southwestern third, with the possibility of some weak precipitation, which will be more likely in western Andalusia, and which could be occasionally strong in the Strait. Also, there will be intervals cloudy in the rest of the Peninsula and clear in the Cantabrian.
In the Canary Islands, these cloudy intervals will lead to possible rainfall, more likely and intense as the day progresses in the north of the islands with greater relief.
the snow line It will be around 1,600/1,800 meters in the Pyrenees, and possible morning fog banks are forecast in the interior of the western half of the peninsula, especially in the northern plateau and Extremadura.
The temperatures diurnal will descend in the extreme northeast of the peninsula and in the Balearic Islands, they will rise in the southern third and will show little change in the rest. In addition, night frosts will drop slightly in most of the Peninsula, with some weak frosts only in mountain areas.
The south wind will blow in Galicia; in Andalusia and the Canary Islands it will be the western component; in the Levante area, the northern one; intervals of strong wind are expected on the coast of Catalonia and variable light in the rest of the country.
Forecast by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: Predominance of slightly cloudy skies, with some interval of low clouds in the western half at dawn, increasing to cloudy or covered in the southwest at the end of the day, without ruling out some precipitation in the Rías Bajas in the last hours. Morning mists, with the probability of fog banks, in the western half. Temperatures without significant changes. South component wind, turning east in the extreme north and southeast in the rest.
– ASTURIAS: slightly cloudy or clear sky with some interval of high clouds. Temperatures without significant changes, tending to descend. Loose wind from the south, turning to this more intense in the afternoon on the coast.
– CANTABRIA: slightly cloudy sky with intervals of high clouds and, in Campoo and Liébana, low clouds in the morning. Temperatures with slight changes. Loose winds from the east on the coast and variable direction in the interior.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: Intervals of medium and high clouds, accompanied by some low cloud in Álava in the morning that could go with morning mists or fog banks in the Ebro Valley. Temperatures with slight changes, with decreases predominating in the minimum of the middle Eastern Community. Loose winds from the east on the coast and variable direction in the interior.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy intervals, predominantly medium and high cloudiness, increasing to cloudy or covered at night in the extreme southwest with probability of weak precipitation. Morning mists and fogs on the plateau, which may be persistent in some areas. Minimum temperatures falling or unchanged and maximum rising in the east and unchanged or slightly falling in the rest, more pronounced in foggy areas. Weak frosts in mountain areas and in scattered areas of the plateau. Winds from the northeast to the east, tending to the south and southeast, loose.
– NAVARRA: sky with intervals of medium and high clouds and, in the Ribera del Ebro, some low clouds and possible mists and fog banks in the morning. Minimum temperatures falling. Maximum temperatures with slight changes. Variable light winds.
– LA RIOJA: sky with cloudy intervals, tending to slightly cloudy in the afternoon. Probability of morning mists and fogs. Minimum temperatures in decline and maximum in slight rise. Winds from the east and southeast to variables, loose.
– ARAGÓN: cloudy or covered sky, tending in the afternoon to cloudy intervals. Early morning rainfall is expected in the southeast quadrant, which could go into the early hours with a storm, and which will tend to be more scattered and occasional throughout the day; in the rest they are not weakly discarded in the early hours, preferably in the southern and eastern halves. Snow level around 1,800-2,000 meters. Minimum temperatures in decline and maximum without significant changes. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. Loose variable wind, predominantly from the northeast in the early hours.
– CATALONIA: cloudy sky or covered with precipitation, which may be locally strong or very strong, persistent and with occasional storms in Girona, Barcelona and Tarragona, being less likely in the northwest; starting in the morning they will tend to remit to the west. The snow level around 1,800-2,000 meters. Temperatures without significant changes. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. Wind from the east and northeast, moderate with strong intervals on the coast, and light to moderate in the interior.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy intervals, predominantly medium and high cloudiness, tending to cloudy or covered in the afternoon with probable weak precipitation. Morning mists and fogs, more intense in the Tagus and Guadiana Valleys. Minimum temperatures unchanged or falling and maximum rising in the southern third and unchanged or slightly falling in the rest. Variable loose winds, settling from the southeast and south in the afternoon and increasing in intensity.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: cloudy sky at dawn with low cloudiness, tending to open clear during the morning and increasing cloudy intervals in the afternoon. Mists in the south of the Community and fog banks in the Sierra. Minimum temperatures in decline in the southern half and with few changes in the rest and maximum without changes. Weak frosts in high areas of the Sierra. Loose wind from the northeast tending to an east component.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: cloudy sky in the eastern half and in the south, with the probability of light rains and scattered showers in the southeast that will tend to subside in the afternoon when the cloudiness will decrease at intervals; rainfall will be much less likely in the rest of the eastern third. Cloudy intervals in the northwest quadrant of the Community. Morning mists, without ruling out fog banks, in high areas of the east and in the western half. Minimum temperatures in decline; maximum rising in the extreme northeast and without changes in the rest. Weak frosts in Parameras and Serranía. In the eastern half, light wind from the north tending to variable at the end of the day, and in the rest, wind from a variable direction, generally light.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy sky or covered with precipitation, less likely in the south of Alicante. In the early hours they could go with a storm and be locally strong in Castellón and on the coasts of Valencia and north of Alicante, and they will tend to become more scattered and occasional throughout the day, opening clear in the afternoon in the southern half. Temperatures without significant changes. North component wind, moderate on the coast, with some strong interval on the north coast of Alicante, and weak inland.
– MURCIA: skies with cloudy intervals, without ruling out weak rainfall in the interior during the first half of the day, with clear openings during the afternoon. Minimum temperatures with few changes; rising highs. Northwest winds.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: sky covered with rain and showers that could be locally strong and persistent and be accompanied by a storm. Falling temperatures, especially daytime. East and southeast wind turning during the day to north and northeast.
– ANDALUSIA: skies with cloudy intervals without ruling out weak precipitation in the morning in the eastern interior, increasing to cloudy in the western half in the afternoon, without ruling out showers, more likely in the western regions where they may be locally strong and be accompanied by storms . Morning mists inside. Minimum temperatures with few changes; rising highs. West component winds, turning southwest in the western third in the afternoon.
– CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy intervals, increasing to cloudy throughout the afternoon, especially in Lanzarote and the north of the islands with greater relief. Light to moderate rains, mainly on the northern slopes. Temperatures with few changes or slightly rising. Moderate northwest wind, decreasing in the afternoon.