The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) predicts a notable thermal drop in the Bay of Biscay and the upper Ebro for tomorrow.
The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for this Thursday a drop in temperatures in the northern half and in the Canary Islands, which will be notable in the Cantabrian area and in the upper Ebro, while the values will remain higher than normal in the southern half of the country.
The passage of a cold front through the extreme north will leave cloudy skies or covered with precipitation, weak in general, in the Bay of Biscay, upper Ebro and in the western Pyrenees, which will send from the west throughout the day, opening clear.
in the Balearic Islands, cloudy intervals, without ruling out a weak and occasional shower at the end of the day. In the rest of the peninsular northwest quadrant, the Iberian system, the valleys of the southern plateau and the Mediterranean area, there will be intervals of low clouds with a general tendency to slightly cloudy.
Cloudy intervals will appear in the north of Canary Islands, without ruling out some light rain. In the rest of the country, predominance of little cloudy or clear.
Temperatures will drop in the northern half of the peninsula and the Canary Islands, except in Catalonia and the Ebro valley, where they can rise. The diurnal decrease will be notable in the Bay of Biscay and upper Ebro, while the thermal values will will remain higher than normal for the date in the southern half of the peninsula. A few changes in the rest.
Winds from the north in the northern half of the Peninsula, the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands, and from the east on the Andalusian coast. will get stronger during the day in Ampurdán and Menorca, and will have strong intervals in the lower Ebro, the Pyrenees, the northwest coast of Galicia, the Strait and in the west of the Canary Islands. Weak in the rest, with a predominance of the northern component.
Forecast by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: cloudy or covered, decreasing at cloudy intervals in the north of Lugo, without ruling out weak morning rains. In the rest, low cloud intervals decreasing to slightly cloudy. Mists and morning mists in the southeast. Falling temperatures, notable in the maximum in the north of Lugo. Northeast wind, with strong intervals on the western coast and loose in the interior.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy or covered, decreasing at cloudy intervals with mist and morning fog in the mountains. Light rains and scattered showers that will subside by noon. Falling temperatures, notable in the maximum. Minimum temperatures are likely to be reached by the end of the day in much of the community. Winds, loose in general, from the north and northeast.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy or covered, predominantly low clouds, tending at the end of the afternoon to cloudy intervals. More frequent rains and showers in the first half of the day. Morning mists and fog banks in the interior valleys. Falling temperatures, with the maximum in the interior being locally notable. North component wind.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy or covered, predominantly low clouds, tending at the end of the afternoon to cloudy intervals in the south. More frequent rains and showers in the first half of the day. Morning mists and fog banks in the interior valleys. Falling temperatures, with the maximum in the interior being locally notable. North component wind.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the extreme north, cloudy or covered with a probability of weak precipitation in the first half of the day. In the rest, cloudy intervals tending to slightly cloudy in the afternoon. Scattered mist and fog in the first half of the day. Minimum temperatures unchanged or falling, and maximum falling. Northeast winds.
– NAVARRA: cloudy intervals, more abundant in the northern half, especially on the Cantabrian slope where it will be cloudy or covered with light rain during the first half of the day. Decreasing temperatures in the northern half, more pronounced in the maximum, and in the southern half without changes or with slight changes. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. Northwest wind, with probable very strong gusts at high altitudes of the Pyrenees.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy or covered, with the probability of weak precipitation in the Rioja Alta in the first half of the day, without ruling it out in a scattered way in the rest. Minimum temperatures rising in the valley and slightly decreasing in the Ibérica and maximum temperatures unchanged in the Rioja Baja and decreasing in the rest. Winds from the northwest and north.
– ARAGÓN: in high altitudes of the Pyrenees, cloudy sky with precipitation. In the Iberian, slightly cloudy tending to cloudy with a low probability of weak precipitation. In the rest, slightly cloudy or clear with morning mists and fog banks in the Ebro depression. Decreasing temperatures in the Pyrenees and in the Iberian Peninsula and without changes or with local increases in the maximum in the rest. Loose north and northwest wind, increasing locally to moderate, with strong gusts in the afternoon in the Ebro depression and at high altitudes in the Pyrenees.
– CATALONIA: Predominance of slightly cloudy or clear sky. In the Arán Valley and high areas of the Lleida Pyrenees, cloudy skies with precipitation. In the morning, mists, fogs and intervals of low clouds in low interior areas, especially in the south of Lérida where they can be denser and more persistent. In the west of Tarragona, cloudy intervals in the central hours. Temperatures in decline in the Pyrenees and without changes or with a slight rise in the maximum in the rest. In the south of Tarragona, Ampurdán and high altitudes of the Pyrenees, light to moderate north and northwest wind, tending to moderate in the afternoon with strong intervals and very strong gusts. In the rest, light wind with a predominance of the west component, tending on the central coast to moderate northeast.
– EXTREMADURA: slightly cloudy. Chance of scattered fog in the first half of the day. Temperatures in slight rise or without changes. Northeast winds.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: predominance of clear skies. Morning mists and fog banks are not ruled out in the southern third, with greater probability in the surroundings of the Tagus Valley. Minimum temperatures without significant changes, except in the mountains, where they will drop. The maximum will go down in the mountains and will go up in the rest of the community. Light wind of north component.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: predominance of clear skies, except in mountainous areas of Guadalajara, where there will be intervals of low clouds, especially in the central hours of the day. Mists or morning fog banks are not ruled out in the Tagus and Guadiana valleys, as well as in La Mancha in Albacete. Minimum temperatures with few changes except in mountainous areas of Guadalajara, where they will drop and register at the end of the day. Maximum temperatures rising in the northern half of Toledo, falling in the extreme northeast and unchanged or slightly falling in the rest. Light wind predominantly from the northeast, with more intense intervals in Guadalajara and high areas of the community.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: predominance of slightly cloudy or clear sky. In the morning, intervals of low clouds, mist and fog banks in Valencia and Alicante. Temperatures without significant changes. In Castellón, light to moderate northwest wind, increasing in the afternoon in the north at intervals of strong and very strong gusts. In Valencia, variable or calm light wind and in Alicante, wind from the north, light with moderate intervals along the coast.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy skies, except for intervals of low clouds and morning mist on the coast and low inland areas, without ruling out fog banks. Temperatures without changes, except for a decrease in the maximum in the Northwest. Light variable winds.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: in the Pitiusas, cloudy intervals without ruling out some weak, occasional and isolated precipitation. In Menorca and Mallorca, a slightly cloudy sky predominates, increasing at night to cloudy with the probability of occasional and scattered precipitation, generally weak. Low probability of some morning fog bank. Temperatures with little change. Light wind increasing at night to the north with strong intervals in Menorca.
– ANDALUSIA: skies with intervals of low clouds on the Mediterranean slope and little cloudiness in the rest, with morning mists in the Guadalquivir valley, without ruling out fog banks in the Lower Guadalquivir. Temperatures without changes, except for maximum rising in the western end. East component winds, loose inside. Levante in the Strait, with strong intervals and occasionally very strong streaks.
– CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy intervals in the north of the islands, with probable light rains in the more mountainous ones, opening wide clearings in the afternoon. Little cloudy or clear in the rest. Temperatures in moderate drop. Moderate northeast wind.